Welcome to ourlounge. These terms and conditions apply to your use of the ourlounge site (currently located at www.ourlounge.co.uk) (the “Site”).
McDonald's Restaurants Limited, a company incorporated in England & Wales, company number 1002769, having its registered office at 11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London N2 8AW, ("McDonald's") has established the Site for your personal entertainment, information and communication. Your access to and use of the Site is subject to these Terms and Conditions. By accessing and browsing the Site you accept these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you should not use this Site.
Your use of and authorisation to access this Site (and the materials and content available via this Site) is a privilege and not a right and is subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The right to access the Site is personal to the individual to whom McDonald’s has issued a username and password for that purpose and the Site may only be used whilst that person remains employed by McDonald’s or a franchisee of McDonald’s in the UK or as otherwise authorised by McDonald’s. The Site may not be used by you for any purpose that is not authorised by McDonald’s. Your access to the Site will be restricted and may be terminated if your employment with McDonald’s or a franchisee of McDonald’s ends for any reason.
- It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and you are responsible for all activity that occurs under your username and password. Therefore, you must not disclose either your username or password to others or do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any area of the Site. You must not seek to pass yourself off as another user. You understand that you are fully responsible for all activities connected to your username including any data, content and/or materials you access, submit, receive or transmit via this Site. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username and/or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to suspend and/or terminate your access to the Site for any reason, including without limitation any violation of these Terms and Conditions. We also reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time, including the availability of any Site content, without prior notice.
- If, following an investigation, there is evidence of misuse and/or abuse of this Site by you, you will be subject to the disciplinary procedures as outlined in your contract of employment with McDonald’s or a franchisee of McDonald’s and other relevant internal disciplinary policies, up to and including termination of your employment depending on the seriousness of the violation. We reserve the right to cancel your account and to ban you from registering for a new account if the security of your account is compromised in any way and for any reason.
- During your scheduled work hours, you should only access and use the Site for the purposes of authorised training and learning. If you choose to access and use the Site outside of your scheduled working hours for any reason, this will not constitute additional working time.
- You agree that you will treat all information, specifications and other data on the Site as confidential and you will not at any time disclose the same, whether directly or indirectly, to any third party without the prior written consent of McDonald’s.
- Information found on this Site is for general guidance only and should not be specifically relied on by any user without taking appropriate professional advice.
- Neither the content of the Site nor any part of it may be distributed, reproduced, modified, transmitted, reused, re-posted or used for public or commercial purposes without McDonald's prior written permission. However, you may download one copy of the materials contained in or displayed on the Site and print off pages of the Site for non-commercial personal use only, provided that (a) you do not remove or alter any copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials, and (b) all use is for lawful purposes only.
- The Site and the content, functionality and design of the Site is protected in the UK and elsewhere in the World by copyright, trade marks, design rights and other intellectual property rights owned by McDonald’s or used by us under licence from a third party or a member of the McDonald's Family; by this expression, we mean McDonald's Corporation and each of its subsidiaries, together with their respective franchisees and certain selected companies (which are either our partners who perform a function such as prize-provision within our promotions and offers, or agencies and suppliers whom we have retained to assist us to more effectively fulfil orders, manage and conduct promotions and offers, provide technical assistance and support and perform other functions to support our marketing activities and the Site). None of the Site, the Site content, the Site functionality or the Site design, nor any part of any of each, may be used in any manner whatsoever, except either as provided for in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site.
- McDonald's will not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused including, but not limited to, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus, or line failure on the Site, or use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site.
- You must not post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, profane, threatening, abusive, violent, discriminatory, hateful, offensive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable content of any kind, including, but not limited to, any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any relevant law when sending, posting, sharing or contributing information to ourlounge. Furthermore, you must not post or transmit any information, including pictures, which is invasive of another person’s privacy or otherwise violates or infringes another person’s rights (including intellectual property rights such as copyright). McDonald’s reserves the right to remove any posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with this paragraph 1
- Unless otherwise stated or the context requires otherwise the Site relates to the business of McDonald's in the United Kingdom only.
- Any exclusion or restriction of liability contained in these Terms and Conditions shall apply only to the fullest extent permitted by the laws of England.
- You are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws relating to the use of or otherwise connected with the Site. To the extent that this Site or any activity contemplated by it would infringe any law of a jurisdiction other than England, then you are prohibited from accessing this Site or attempting to carry on any such offending activity and this provision shall override all other provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any use of the Site shall be subject to the laws of England and any dispute arising from such use or otherwise in connection with the Site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- All information given in this site applies to the UK only and is correct at the time of going to press, but is subject to change without notice. It is not intended to give rise to any legally binding obligation and may not be considered to make any representation on any matter.
- McDonald’s reserves the right to change, revise or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. If we do this, we will post the updated Terms and Conditions on this page and indicate at the bottom the date these Terms and Conditions were last updated. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions. You should review these Terms and Conditions regularly to stay informed of any changes which may affect you.
These terms were last updated on 23.05.2015
To search and apply for roles within McDonald's Restaurants Ltd please visit: https://people.mcdonalds.co.uk/